- Be comfy.
- Pack the essentials. After you pack your luggage for your final destination, you’re going to want to make sure you pack your essentials. These are the things that you are going to want with you in arms reach. iPhone, headphones, iPad, snacks, drinks, sunglasses, blanket, etc. My personal favorites: iPhone, blanket, contacts/glasses (visually impaired) & chapstick.
- Bring your favorites. You’ve got your essential items, now you need your favorite travel buddies. Bring your crush, girlfriends, BFFs, and your 4 legged friends. DONT forget anyone!! They’ll 10/10 be very hurt. My personal favorites: fiancé Kasey & kitten Ruxin.
- Get the right mood set. Prior to the trip, make a travel playlist filled with your favorite oldies, goodies & new discovers. A great app that I discovered while traveling through No Service areas was Spotify. Spotify is an app that you can download on your iPhone, iPad & Mac. With this app, you have the power to make these playlists, and then download them to your phone so that you have access to them even when you’re in the dreaded No Service areas. For $10 a month (be sure to sign up with your student ID if you’re in college to score a great discount) you get access to all this, and the songs that are playing on the radio now. My personal favorites: Lush Life, Good Vibes, & Sunset Vibes. (found on Spotify)
- Snacks, drinks & snacks. I had a hard time making this #4 instead of #1, but I think we can all agree that this is a CRUCIAL part of every road trip. So pack your sweet, salty, sour, savory & favorite snacks. The way to do it is start your trip off with buying a little bit of everything. You never know when you’ll be craving what. Prepared is the way to go. My personal favorites: Doritos/Pringles, Dr. Pepper & teriyaki beef jerky.
- Enjoy the view. Not everywhere you go is going to be along the coast or through an exciting city. Learn to appreciate the view you’re seeing. If you’re lucky enough to catch a sunset, watch it as long as you can. There’s no better view.